– Martres-Tolosane: (2km) swimming pool with aquagym and swimming lessons, tennis, squash, skateboard tracks. Passage of the cycling road of the Garonne at 1 km of the campsite.
– Cazères (7km): water-skiing, canoe, sail, possibility of hikes, equestrian and mountain bike.
– Salies du Salat (12 km): golf course, 9 holes.
– Arbas (30km) climbing, hang-glider, paragliding, first flight and lessons. Speleology with the largest cave of France : 105 km of development.
– Rieumes (35km): Tépacap, courses in trees for any ages.
– Valcabrère (40km) Runing water sports: canoe, kayak, rafting.
– Martres-Tolosane: pond of (1km) with releases of trouts and pond dedicated to children.
– Palaminy (5km): first flight and planes of tourism for the people wishing to fly.
– Salies du Salat (12km): casino with 150 gambling machines, roulette and black jack for the fans of games of chance
– The thermal baths of salt walter and the spa for your well-being. Website
– Auzas (17km): minigolf, miniature port with small boats.
– Muret (40km by free highway): water park Aqualudia. Website
The campsite offers local produce like beers, wines and honey for sale. The restaurant of the campsite also offers regional dishes.
If you wish to know more about the specialities of the Southwest you can visit the markets of the small villages in the surroundings.
Here are some other suggestions to wet your appetite:
– Martres-Tolosane (2km), gourmet restaurant Le Castet Website
– Samatan (45 km), foie gras market every Monday. Website
The village of Martres-Tolosane : visit this medieval village built in a circular plan, famous for its earthenware. Possibility to visit earthenware’s factory and village’s museum. See the web site of the Tourism Office of Martres-Tolosane. See the Martres Tolosane tourism office website
– Saint-Julien : Unique reconstruction of an authentic village gaulois with presentation of disappeared jobs.
– Aurignac : The Mecca of the Prehistory, which gave its name to a period of the Palaeolithic.
– Beautiful villages: Rieux Volvestre, Saint-Lizier (Medieval convent).
– Toulouse : “The pink city” with it’s museums etc… See the website de tourisme office
– Saint Bertrand de Comminges, with it’s wonderful cathedral and it’s festival of classic music.
– Luchon, thermal city,
– Albi Unesco classed for this Episcopal city,
– Lourdes International and benevolent, Auch in the heart of the Gascogne…
– Foix International and benevolent, Auch in the heart of the Gascogne…
– Carcassonne, its city.
– Cazères : Mountain Bike, walking and riding tours
– Les Pyrénées : For all the lovers of mountain and walking in natural reserves. Start from Bagnères to Luchon (80km) to the Oô Lake or walking in mountains (more than 3000 meters high). From Lourdes, excursion in the Midi Peak of Bigorre and circus of Gavarnie.
– Visits of caves: Mas d’Azil, Gargas, Lombrives, Niaux…
– The Canal du Midi, perfect place for walking or with the bicycle,
– Marciac, the jazz rendez-vous.
– Le village Gaulois , the archeosite in Rieux-Volvestre (15 minutes). It is a reconstructed village with an excellent scientists respect.
– La Cité de l’Espace in Toulouse celebrates the fantastic saga of the spatial adventure. It was made like a theme park for children and adults so they can learn and have fun.
– The prehistoric park of Tarascon sur Ariège. It lets the possibility to discover the Cro-Magnon Man and to recognize sources of his art.
– Animaparc, is an amusement park and animal park for the children, near Toulouse.
– Pyrénées Hô, an adventure park with travel treetop adventure for adults, teenagers and children, 30 minutes.