– Martres-Tolosane: (at 2km, 30mn near Toulouse) swimming pool with aqua gym and swimming lessons, tennis, squash, skateboard tracks. Passage of the cycling road of the Garonne at 1 km of the campsite.
– Cazères (7km): water-skiing, canoe, sail, possibility of hikes, equestrian and mountain bike.
– Salies du Salat (12 km): golf course, 9 holes.
– Arbas (30km) climbing, hang-glider, paragliding, first flight and lessons. Speleology with the largest cave of France : 105 km
– Rieumes (35km): Tépacap, treetop adventure course for any ages.
– Valcabrère (40km) Running water sports: canoe, kayak, rafting.
– Martres-Tolosane: pond of (1km) with releases of trouts.
– Palaminy (5km): first flight and planes of tourism for the people wishing to fly.
– Salies du Salat (12km): casino with 150 gambling machines, roulette and black jack for the fans of games of chance.
– Thermal baths with salted water a spa for your well-being. Website
– Auzas (17km): minigolf, small harbour with thumbnail boats.
– Muret (40km by free highway): water park Aqualudia. Website
The campsite offers local products such as beers, wines and honey for sale. The restaurant of the campsite also offers regional dishes. If you want to know more about the specialities of the South-west, you can visit the markets of the small villages in the surroundings.
Here are some other suggestions to whet your appetite:
– Martres-Tolosane (2km), gourmet restaurant La Maison Castet
– Samatan (45 km), foie gras market every Monday.
Martres-Tolosane village (2km, 30mn from Toulouse): visit this medieval village built in a circular plan, famous for its earthenware. You can visit earthenware’s factory and village’s museum. Visit Martres Tolosane’s tourist office website. See the Martres Tolosane tourism office website
– Saint-Julien : Unique reconstruction of an authentic gallic village wand learn more about artisan’s crafts which have disappeared.
– Aurignac : A hot spot of the Prehistoric age, which gave its name to a Paleolithic period.
– Beautiful villages: Rieux Volvestre, Saint-Lizier (Medieval convent).
– Toulouse : “The pink city” with all its museums etc… See the website of the tourist office
– Saint Bertrand de Comminges, with its wonderful cathedral and its festival of classic music.
– Luchon, thermal city
– Albi Unesco heritage for its episcopal city,
– Lourdes cosmopolitan and caring city, Auch in Gascogne’s heart…
– Foix and its Gaston Phoebus castle
– Carcassonne, and its city-state.
– Cazères : Mountain Biking, walking and riding tours
– Les Pyrénées : For all mountain and hiking lovers in the middle of natural reserves. Start from Bagnères to Luchon (80km) to the Oô Lake or walking in mountains (more than 3000 meters high). From Lourdes, excursion in the Midi Peak of Bigorre and Gavarnie’s circus.
– Cave tours: Mas d’Azil, Gargas, Lombrives, Niaux…
– Canal du Midi, crossing Toulouse, a perfect place to take a walk or ride a bike
– Marciac, a famous appointment for any jazz lover.
– Le village Gaulois , a gallic village, the archeosite in Rieux-Volvestre (15 minutes). This is a reconstructed village with an excellent scientific accuracy.
– La Cité de l’Espace in Toulouse celebrates the fantastic saga of the spatial adventure. It was made like a theme park for children and adults, so they can learn and have fun.
– The prehistoric park of Tarascon sur Ariège. It gives you the opportunity to discover the Cro-Magnon Man and to recognize the sources of his art.
– Animaparc, is an amusement park and animal park for children, close to Toulouse.
– Vital Ainé : succulent biscuits that you will probably already taste are made here, in Martres-Tolosane.
Many visits around Toulouse :
– Airbus : an exclusive tour in the world, take part in the fantastic world of airplanes construction !
– L’envol des pionniers (The flight of the pioneers): Relive the exploits of the first aviators in this brand new museum in Toulouse.
– Aéroscopia : Dozens of civil and military planes, including two Concorde, these are not models but real planes, by the dozen… An unforgettable visit.
– La Halle des Machines : Weird giant machines to be discovered.
Camping Toulouse Le Moulin Sites et Paysages – 31220 Martres Tolosane – France – Occitanie – Haute Garonne + 33 (0)22.214.171.124.40
Campsite Toulouse Le Moulin Sites et Paysages – F31220 Martres Tolosane – France – Occitanie – Haute Garonne +33 (0)126.96.36.199.40