- Cazères (7 km from campsite), is an old fortified town from the Middle Ages who was surrounded by walls, battlements and towers. Now, it is a lovely typical village from the region, located on the edge of the Garonne river, and it carries its heritage of the 13th century.
– It stands at the foot of the "Petites Pyrénées" and right next to the Comminges and Plantaurel, which makes it a great location to do sport leisure activities and outdoor activities.
– You will get to enjoy its numerous restaurants, traditionals stores and Cazères's movie theater.
Leisure and activities not to be missed
– Take a walk along the Garonne river banks that you may also find from village alleys.
You might be able to find traces of the feverish shipyards activity of the 19th century.
– Saturday morning's open air market gathers around 100 shop keepers, mainly local producers and craftsperson.
During high season, don't miss the organic market on wednesday night.
– La Maison Garonne, a free cultural site that will make you discover a part of the town's history, which was once a determining in the Garonne's inland waterway transport : most of the boats sailing on the river were built in Cazères.
– The watersports center offers the opportunity of canoeing, buoy towed, boat trips and water skiing.
– Mountain biking and horseriding circuits.
– The 14th century Church of Notre-Dame de l'Assomption, a typical bastide-style church, located in the main square of the village. It is built of the small bricks very typical of our region and we notice its distinctive facade with its clock and its two bells. Visit the treasure of the church, its statues, church furnitures and its baptistery: visit tourist office's website
– The 17th century Capucin cloister and its flowery gardens.
– The half-timbered tourist office's frontage.
A l'année, en vacances ou le week-end, profitez pleinement d'un hébergement ou d'un emplacement dans un camping 4 étoiles de qualité proche de Toulouse. Dans un écrin de verdure, profitez de la nature tout en bénéficiant de la proximité de Toulouse et toute sa richesse culturelle, artistique et touristique.
Camping Toulouse Le Moulin Sites et Paysages – 31220 Martres-Tolosane (France – Occitanie – Haute Garonne ) – 05.61.98.86.40